All cases filed in the District of Arizona are subject to electronic filing, electronic service, and electronic case storage procedures. This form shall be used to apply to become a Registered User of the Court's Electronic Case File (ECF) system which permits electronic filing.
By submitting this registration form, I understand:
1. This Registration is for ECF use only in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
2. Every attorney admitted to the District of Arizona bar and attorneys and certified students permitted to practice in the District of Arizona under LRCiv 83.1(b) must complete this Registration Form to become a Registered User. A Registered User’s log-in and password issued by the Court constitute the Registered User’s signature on all electronic documents filed with the Court. A Registered User must protect and secure the password issued by the court. If a Registered User suspects a password has been compromised in any way, such as use of the password by an unauthorized person, or resignation or reassignment of a person previously authorized to use the password, the Registered User must immediately notify the court. The court will immediately delete the password from the electronic filing system and issue a new password.
3. Registration as an ECF User constitutes consent to electronic service of all documents through the Court's transmission facilities for purposes of Rule 5(b)(2)(D) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Transmission of the Notice of Electronic Filing to a Registered User's e-mail address constitutes service of the hyperlinked document(s). Only the Notice of Electronic Filing, generated and transmitted by the ECF system, is sufficient to constitute electronic service of an electronically filed document. Non-registered users shall be provided notice of the filing by other means in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Note: The ECF system is NOT to be used for service of a Summons, Subpoena or other Process.
4. Although the court manages the procedures for electronic filing on the court’s Internet site, all other electronic public access to case file documents occurs through the Public Access to Court Electronic Records ("PACER") Service Center. A PACER login is required in addition to the password issued by the court. To register for PACER, a user must complete the online form or submit a registration form available on the PACER website (https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov).
5. By registering as an ECF User, I acknowledge that usage of the court's Electronic Filing System is governed by the District of Arizona Case Management/Electronic Filing Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual and the Rules of Practice of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. Failure to follow the ECF procedures may result in the imposition of sanctions.